Author: Ingrid Katz (Pure Aesthetics)
A common question I get asked is, “Which foundation should I be using?” Let me firstly say that, I am a firm believer that when it comes to foundation – less is more. I also believe that the older one becomes, that less make-up should be necessary. My objective for all of my clients is to get them to a point where they feel comfortable without feeling the need to put foundation on their skin.
A few points to consider on why you wear foundation:
• Are you wanting to conceal marks on your skin?
• Are you wanting a more even complexion?
• Do you feel that your skin does not look good enough without covering it?
If you have answered yes to any, or all of the above, then foundation is not the answer. Or at least, it shouldn’t be your first go-to option. Consider treating your skin first, in order to better its condition. Our main aim at Pure Aesthetics is to improve the overall health of your skin. With that, a whole lot of skin issues like pigmentation, ageing, dehydration, dryness are addressed. Thereafter we look to finding the most suitable foundation for your skin.
What better compliment to receive than – “Your skin looks amazing!” rather than, “Your make-up looks good!”
We are mad about the coverage options we have available. These include:
1. Oxygenetix Foundation – created by a scientist, dermatologist & a plastic surgeon, this foundation has Ceravitae as its main power house ingredient. This means the foundation actually treats the skin. This super charged oxygen peptide helps support the skins collagen cell production and connective tissue growth. It attracts oxygen to the skin, helping it to breathe and keeps it strong & healthy. It also has an SPF25 UVA & UVB protection.
Retails at R1,100 for 15ml
2. Bodyography is a mineral make up brand which means it doesn’t contain any parabens or other nasty skin occlusive or irritant ingredients. There are 3 options within this range: Silk Cream Compact that is lightweight with full coverage & a natural flawless finish; Natural Finish Foundation is an oil free creamy velvet finish providing a light & flawless coverage; Sun Defense Tinted Moisturiser brightens, protects & perfects the complexion with a medium coverage that is natural and dewy.
Retails at R350 – R450
3. Dermaceutic DermaDefense – formulated with powerful antioxidants with Xylitol & Licorice Extract to harmonise skin tone & prevent dehydratrion, all while offering SPF50 UVA & UVB protection.
Retails at R520 for 40ml
4. Optiphi Hydration Tint – with an SPF20 this is and ideal hydration tint for long lasting (& looking) hydration, anti-ageing benefits, anti-oxidants & advanced light filters to protect, hydrate and homogenise the skin.
Retails at R900 for 50ml
5. Heliocare 360° Colour Oil Free Gel – the latest advancement in sun care not only protects from UVA & UVB but also visible light, infrared-A & DNA damage. The Oil Free gel comes in 3 shades that are lightweight & easy to blend giving even coverage and protection with a matte finish.
Retails at R435 for 50ml